Thursday, March 24, 2011

5 weeks, 6 days

Wow.  I didn’t mean for almost two weeks to go by without an update.  Life has sucked me in, tossed me around and spit me out over the last two weeks.  We moved from St. Maarten back to Florida and hit the ground running the second we walked in the door.  I’ll spare you the details.  Pregnancy-wise, over the last 12 days, not much has changed. 

Body: Most days my energy levels are still just fine.  In fact, I ran 5.5 miles yesterday with no problems at all.  I had a noticeably low energy day last Sunday, like I ran a marathon when I literally only ran 4 miles, but other than that, my energy is great.  My skin is clear and normal.  (Last time I distinctly remember my face mutating into teenager skin during this time, oily, zits, the works, but maybe I was just extra stress as well)  My eyes are bright.  My poops are normal again.  My lower belly feels like it’s protruding some and some of my pants feel a little snug, but no one can tell.  My weight is consistently 119 lbs which is only maybe a pound or two difference from before I became pregnant this time.  My lower back and uterus constantly ache (dull ache) most days, like I’m on day one of my period or something.  No nausea really at all.  Every so often a slight nauseous feeling creeps up, but then I just eat a handful of almonds and I’m completely fine again.  That nausea feeling only comes around once every 4 or more days and lasts literally 5 minutes.  My breasts seem a bit more tender and a bit fuller, but nothing too uncomfortable.  I noticed my body shape seems to be a bit broader too.  Like I’m a bit boxier or something.  My diet is good.  Mostly vegetarian.  My diet consists of things like: avocado/cheese/cucumber/tomato/whole wheat toast sandwiches with raw carrots, strawberries or sliced green apple with almond butter; brown rice with chic peas, black beans and cranberries; oatmeal with flaxseed, bananas, almond milk and nuts; veggie fajitas; dried fruit and nuts for snacks; things like that.

Mind: We still haven’t told anyone about this pregnancy.  My first appointment is April 5th when we are predicted to be 8 weeks prego.  We will definitely keep it a secret until then, but maybe even longer so we can get through the 12 week safety marker.  We’ve already decided on our names for both a boy and a girl, but plan to keep the sex of the baby a secret to everyone until he/she is born.


Spirit: George is being such a sweetheart.  He’s not drinking during the week in support of this pregnancy and constantly concerned about how I feel.  He’s such a wonderful husband.  We are so in love and so happy to be having another baby.  My life is everything I’ve ever wanted right now.  We are all so happy.  Daddy G is gone for the next three weeks traveling for work, so we miss him more than words can say.  Still we skype and talk on the phone every day.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment