Monday, August 1, 2011

Over 6 Months Dead Cold Sober… again.

Only a couple sniffs of wine and an occasional less than a lick on my tongue of G’s wine in over 6 months.  Well, maybe I had two little licks of a French rose on my 35th birthday, but really less alcohol on my tongue than from my mouth-wash.  Honestly, this forced sobriety was more of a huge deal last time I was pregnant since I used to enjoy my wine more before kids, but still… another 6+ months and going strong is something to be proud of regardless.  I find it somewhat difficult being in European wine country watching my hubby regularly enjoy varied varieties of succulent vin.  But then again, it is so nice to be clear, conscious, awake, and hangover-free all the time.  After a while, you really don’t miss it anymore.  Well… maybe I do still miss a glass of wine on occasion… and cappuccinos… and sushi… and ceviche… Ok, back on the subject… did I mention I am thinking clearly?  Ha!  Hardly with my prego-brain, but still more clear than the guy next to me with a hangover.  Anyway, I’ve become so used to no alcohol this time that when I finally found a French antioxidant juice that resembles wine, my initial ecstatic reaction was soon replaced by an almost guilty feeling.  One sip and I had to double check the bottle to make sure there truly is no alcohol in it.  Yes, it is true… alcohol free, purely a juice blend not even disguised as a non-alcoholic wine.  Just a simple organic antioxidant fruit juice blend I happened to pick up at the local Bio Organic market in Juan les Pins made with the juice of organic aqui berries, blue berries and pomegranate.  This stuff blows away that crap they sell in the US labeled “alcohol-free” wine or “Aerial alcohol removed wine”.  Plus, this is organic, full of antioxidants and so good for me and baby.  At only 6 Euro a bottle, this is a steal over here!  You can barely buy bottled water for this price.  Still, I have this weird guilt complex about even finishing one glass… much the same as when I attempt to drink the extremely occasional non-alcoholic beer.  Regardless, it is good and something I might want to continue to drink after baby is born.  I’ll bring some home with me for anyone who wants to try some.  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment